Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
|Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction|
 Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (titled Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction in Europe) is the sixth game released in the series, the first to be on the PlayStation 3. It was released on October 23, 2007 in North America and on November 9 in Europe. The evil Emperor Tachyon wants to finish off the Lombax race, and Ratchet soon learns that he is the last remaining Lombax in the galaxy. Tachyon is a Cragmite, the last of which is remaining of his race in the galaxy. He wants to complete his revenge on the Lombax race for destroying the entire Cragmite race (before their disappearance right after he learned that they destroyed his entire race). Ratchet and Clank soon depart on an adventure that finds themselves needing to unlock secrets of the past to save the future. The next game in the series is the spin-off game Secret Agent Clank. The sequel to this game is Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest For Booty.
Ratchet and Clank are enjoying a stay in the bustling utopia known as Metropolis, when a distress signal from Captain Qwark informs them of an attacking armada. The connection is cut off, and the duo are now caught in the middle of an full-scale invasion led by the ruthless Emperor Percival Tachyon, a being known as a "Cragmite". Ratchet & Clank eventually escape the planet, and soon realize that Ratchet was their intended target (because he is the last surviving Lombax). They stumble upon the Polaris Galaxy, and find Talwyn, who tells Ratchet about the "Lombax Secret". The duo once again set out into the galaxy, their mission this time to learn about their origins and past, and to discover why they are so special.
Clank also has his own side story where he discovers he has a soul. He can also speak to robots that only he can see, known as the "Zoni", some of which unlock powers Clank never knew he had.
The duo is back for their latest adventure. Run and jump around many different worlds, from beginning to end. Take out enemies and bosses with your many weapons, use gadgets to acomplish various tasks, grind on rails, swing from Swingshot targets, fight in space battles, upgrade your armor, dress as a space pirate and dance their jig, and so much more. Clank returns as a playable character once again, teaming up with special creatures only he can see, who guide him along his adventures and give him new powers. Unlock the mysteries of the story - learn of your past, so you can save the future.
 General Game Information
- FToD Weapons
- Combat Devices
- Future Tools Skill Points
- Leviathan Souls
- RYNO Blueprint Locations
- Space Fights
 Release Dates
- North America - October 23, 2007
- Europe - November 9, 2007
- Japan - November 11, 2007
- Australia - November 15, 2007
- Insomniac Games has overhauled its proprietary PS3 engine technology to create the most visceral Ratchet & Clank universe yet, overflowing with exotic creatures and flying vehicles.
- Experience many more objects on screen and in more intricate detail than what was possible on PlayStation®2 Ratchet & Clank games.
- The PS3 system’s superior power enables Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction to bring vivid worlds to life with increased draw distances, enhanced lighting and shadowing, and more fluid and exaggerated animations.
- Discover an all-new galaxy spanning vast worlds such as a majestic cloud city and a space-age amusement park.
- Encounter an entirely new cast of expressive characters (and some old favorites) as well as the introduction of a variety of new alien races and life forms.
- Experience a more emotive Ratchet with nearly as many animation joints in his face (90) as PS2 Ratchet had in his entire body (112). This joint density applies to many of the characters featured in Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, enabling more detailed, personable and expressive characters.
- Clank returns as a playable character, and Ratchet will have new enhanced abilities.
- Fire a fully stocked arsenal of all-new weapons such as the Plasma Beasts and Tornado Launcher, which uses the SIXAXIS™ controller to direct tornadoes that suck up enemies and whip them around with debris.
- Use the SIXAXIS controller to maneuver, destroy enemies and solve puzzles.
 Game Ratings
- Extreme Gamer__________________9/10
- Game Informer____________________9.25/10
- Game Revolution___________________B
- Gaming Evolution________________9.5/10
- PSX Extreme____________________9/10
- PS3 IGN______________________9.4/10
Related ThreadsRatchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - last post by @ Mar 27, 2007
Can somebody give me a link to the Future: Tools of Destruction site? - last post by @ Aug 24, 2008
zip line problem in Ratchet & Clank Future:Tools of Destruction - last post @ Nov 9, 2010
EGM talk about Tools of Destruction - last post by @ Apr 13, 2007
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus is official, epilogue to Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time - last post by @ Jul 15, 2013